1. ROCK HARD FOUNDATIONS
By sorting the foundation of your business which is YOU by the way, warts and all, gradually you’ll uncover your unique personality blueprint and when you do you’re onto a winner right from the bang of the starting pistol.
1. “What are you the ‘go-to’ person for?”
You know, that thing that when you’re doing it you can’t believe you’re getting paid to do it and will get found out e.g. organizing everyone’s ass, branding queen, copy writer extraordinaire, rockstar leader
2. “When you become part of a new group or team, what is THE thing you cannot help but do?”
e.g. Represent the underdogs who’s voice normally gets the volume turned down, lurk until spoken to or become the social event meister
3. “How do you recharge your energy?”
Do you always crave to be around people, your friends and family and catching up with everyone on the phone or in the pub or is it a G&T on the couch fixated to the new episodes of X-Files?
4. “As a solopreneur, what is it that makes you get your ass out of bed in the morning despite several snooze button slams and the sheets being just at the right temperature?” (What is that all about? – topic added to Cat’s ponderings)
5. “What voice do you want your clan to connect with?”
e.g straight shooting (think Dre and Erika Napolitano) or is your brand voice a little softer than that?
Forget any skills you have accumulated in your arsenal at this point and only focus on what you are fabulous at and yes, before your monkey mind chips in, there will be several things you rock at.
Skills are picked up along our merry way in life, but it’s strengths that make us tick, describe our motivations and values and explain why we love what we do.
Give yourself permission to embrace your strengths like they’re your bestie because these strengths will translate into the type of brand you share with the world and tribe you attract…and you sure as heck want to attract the right tribe.